Spring is definitely in the air this week, and my lawn is turning green. I am so thankful this time of year for my favorite leafy green, one that is so plentiful in my damp landscape, moss. Isn't moss the greatest substance? It's like lawn...that you don't have to mow. It's the first to show it's bright green face in the spring and the last to batten it's hatches for the winter. It spreads...yea! It feels awesome on your feet...mmmm. It even looks cute as a photo backdrop. Welcome moss, please stay for the summer?!
Along with the moss come a few of my other spring favorites. Here is a list:
- Balled-up man-socks at the front door. (Because I have to get mean if I see them in the house, on my furniture).
- Slimy dog, with a side of newly thawed poo smell.
- The ever-looming fear that snow could make a return any day.
- It's now time to bathe your children every day, but not quite warm enough to do it with the hose.
But seriously, these are the things I really love:
- Waking up, windows open, with a cold nose and not wanting to leave the covers.
- Barefoot runs to the mailbox and beyond.
- Seeing everybody newly invested in fitness and having "running partners" on the trails.
Here's hoping our 60 degree weather is here to stay. Here's hoping you have a bit of moss to brighten your day.
NEW - I'm searchable!
Grab my button: